Why The Mental Side of Hitting is So Important
I played in 1,591 minor league games and retired with 1,592 hits.
Here's the thing. I bailed, lunged and had a bad eye but I could hit because I:
- was a better competitor than I was a player.
- learned how to sit on speeds & location until I had 2k’s on me
If your compete level ever goes below your ability level, you will underachieve.
How do you make sure this isn't happening?
One way is to:
- Go into "I don't give a crap" mode" w/ a goal to be the BEST competitor on the field.
- Forget the batting average.
- Focus on hitting the ball hard. If you get a hit, it's a bonus.
This is why the mental game is so important...
...because if your approach sux, your mechanics will break down and your confidence will shrink.
In my opinion, the best way to make sure what you learn in practice translates into the game, is to have "being the best competitor on the field", priority #1.
If your mental game is great, train your mental game.
LEAVE A COMMENT
Reply with your 2 cents on this QAB Fan Question:
"What do you do when you’re lacking motivation?”
USE THE QAB PROMO CODE
🔥 Get the entire QAB Hitting Training Course 40% Off.
Now Only $57( Normally $130)
⚾Use Code: SPRINGTIME at checkout